contact me at ~~~~ cakenotes@gmail.com

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Green Cake











After my 40 hour date with fondant I decided to go out with gum paste... A month later I took a 40 hour gum paste flower class at The Cake Craft Shoppe. This was by far a lot more fun that the fondant and I just fell in love with the flowers. I had a birthday cake to make at the end of this weeks classes and she loved the color green... so I decided to make all my flowers green.... At first it was funny and everyone in class was staring as they made beautiful flowers in pinks, purples, reds, and yellows... and everything on my desk was a different shade of green. I loved making the rose and the carnation eventhough they have to me made in many stages and they take a couple of days to make. So below is the finished birthday cake for Monina.... I dubbed this one The Green Cake.


No comments: