contact me at ~~~~ cakenotes@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

30 minute fondant cake...


Ok well not just 30 minutes but a one day cake. My honey's friend at work needed a small cake for his daughter so we decided to whip up a 6 inch with a 2 inch on top. The funny thing is that when I get an idea in my head about a cake I can see the cake.. and let me tell you the process of getting it from actual batter, cake ,and fondant to that creation in my head can be a little scary and sometimes I think I just might fail. But low and behold that is where I think decorating actually comes from. I actually don't think I should even say this on a site where I post the cakes I make.. but decorations are nothing more than to hide the imperfections on a cake... lol well not all of them.. but there are a lot I tell you.. and I bet every cake decorator out there has changed a design or two from the results of unruly fondant or TEXAS humidity......lol Anyways after my rant and a not so pretty beginning we ended up with this cute little girls b-day cake........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. And now I can finally post comments. Aren't you happy

Hills said...

yea i am so excited you can post comments.. :)

Anonymous said...

The cake Gods got back at me. I made 3 Italian cream cakes last weekend and then pulled them out of the freezer to ice them this weekend and realized that I forgot to fold in 5 whipped egg whites and suger. THey were so bad. And you haven't posted anything new. What's up with that?

Hills said...

lol i will as soon as i get home tonight... i actually made some cupcakes for my grandma... i am excited about that.. Man that stinks about the italian cake.. i did that myself and had to throw out a whole cake... hey by the way i need an italian cake recipe... want to share yours?