contact me at ~~~~ cakenotes@gmail.com

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Construction of "The Party Cake"




"THE PARTY CAKE"


So I was thinking today and I realized that I started this blog for two reasons:
1. to be able to show people my cakes
2. and to show people how I make some of the cakes

Well I realized that I have not posted anything except the final pictures of my cakes...lol so here are some contruciton pictures of "The Party Cake"



So this is just one table of my working materials.... anyone who thinks that making one of these cakes is an easy task... think again... not only it is a multi layered process but it takes a ton of tools and man when I get started..I have tools and
materials all
over the place.




So this is a shot of the love of my life... my cake partner in crime... my better half! ... playing with our new toy... we just recently g
ot an air brush gun.. and well what can I say? give a man a toy that sprays things and he will go wild..............................
thank you honey for helping me with my cakes!







and well since its my blog... I couldn't let my honey get all the attention... lol here is a shot of me trying not to inhale blue..








The following two pictures are of the plain cake undecorated and the actual decorations. These decorations were fairly easy to make, however I did learn that some of my gumpaste dries hard as a rock and some dries soft. This proved to be challanging when I went to put the pieces on the actual cake. :)













And now for the final pictures of the cake. This cake was put together for my cousin Crystal , her fiance Simon, and two of their friends Morty and Nick, because they all have birthdays in early september. Hence the name "The Party Cake" All my cousin told me was use bright colors... so I wanted to make this cake look like a real party! Hope you enjoy
it! Oh and the inside was all lemon with lemon filling... yu
mmy!





No comments: